Life gets busy and when you’re moving home, packing your whole house and life up can give you added stress and chaos to say the least. So many of us move in a rush and without proper organisation and it’s very easy to simply say ‘that will have to do’.
When it comes to unpacking, without efficiency and great methods in place, disorganisation is usually the outcome, with belongings being housed in the wrong place and thoughts of doing it properly later on. Moving which is done in an organised fashion and with expert help makes the whole process far less stressful.
Whether you’re planning to move, have just moved in, or if your boxes are slowly collecting dust, it sounds like You Need A Vicky. Vicky Silverthorn has organised hundreds of moves over the years, from houses and apartments all around London and the surrounding areas. You Need A Vicky has helped people move to the UK from abroad and from the UK to Switzerland, France, Hong Kong, the US to name just a few. Through Covid times they moved people virtually (not the easiest) but you name it, we’ve done it!
What Types of House Moves Do You Help With?
- Home packing – You Need A Vicky can pack your entire home (excluding art work, valuables and extreme breakables). Many clients wish for their personal belongings to be packed by an expert before the removals teams come in. You Need A Vicky’s professional organisers pack the majority of the home before the removals team come in. The team will then know the layout of the home and how clients have previously organised things before then following up with the unpacking service.
- Stress-free renovations – If you’re doing a renovation project, the team can help with several aspects of the process. You Need A Vicky can help with the decluttering process before building works are started, helping to sort/pack the non-necessities ready for storage, unpack and organise your temporary/rented accommodation if you are moving out completely and then of course, later down the line move and organise you back into your property. Maybe it’s just one room, maybe a whole house or even an extension?
- Practical unpacking – New homes often work in very different ways to your old home. Belongings need to fit differently into new spaces and methodical thought and practical thinking needs to be top of the agenda. We’ll unpack your old home in a practical way to ensure all your items, appliances, clothes and more are placed exactly where you’ll need them. From thorough wardrobe organisation to kitchen cupboard optimisation – your home needs to work for you and your family’s life.
- Declutter before moving – Maybe you’re downsizing your living space or maybe you just need a good declutter? There is no point in paying for removals to transport items you don’t want anyway and there is no point in trying to find a space in your home for these either! Decluttering your life before a big move, throwing away or passing on any unnecessary items or gifting to charity is a fantastic idea that will help you feel more on top of things and more organised when you’re moving home.
A confidentiality agreement is available so you know that no matter what we come across you have no cause for concern. Please request on booking.
Need an extra hand with the admin?
Our sister company You Need A PA is the perfect solution for sorting all those life admin jobs that come with a big move. From changing addresses to setting up the internet, ordering boxes and getting removals quotes. They can even be on hand on the day of the move to make sure everything goes smoothly, so you don’t have to worry about a thing or life a finger!
Why Choose Vicky?
If you’re looking to solve all of your moving stresses, it’s best to trust a professional home organiser like Vicky Silverthorn. Previous PA to big names in sports and media, Vicky has helped pack hundreds of homes over the years and picked up a lot of knowledge along the way.
- Vicky believes that your well-being starts at home; if your home is in shape, other elements of your life will follow. That’s why the Declutter Package is so popular. We create a personalised schedule to suit your moving needs. Look forward to a clearer mind as you embark on your next life chapter.
- People forget just how big packing a whole house is. Whether you’re staying in rented accommodation or looking to downsize, having a professional home organiser pack or unpack your home will feel like a weight is lifted.
- Vicky and her team have seen it all, helping people relocate for a new job, starting their own business, suffering from loss or going through a divorce. Every move has its own circumstance and Vicky and her team is always there to face that milestone with you.
- Packing/moving home shouldn’t be stressful and some of our clients have been known to go on holiday and leave Vicky and the team to it, returning refreshed, putting the key in the door of their new home and everything is there and ready for them to start their new life!
Vicky has been a Professional Organiser for over 13 years now, packing homes for people across the country. Her practical and methodical ways of packing will help you start living in your new home as you mean to go on.
“If you ever need someone to sort your life out, organise everything and in my case help me move house too, use You Need A Vicky – easy and amazing!” – Lily Allen. Read more reviews.
Benefits of Home Packing with You Need A Vicky
- Practical packing.
- Alleviating stress.
- Smart storage ideas.
- Priority timings for affiliated services.
Areas we Cover
Vicky and her team are based in Richmond and around London. Our service area covers the entirety of North London, South London, East London and West London as well as further out, including areas such as Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire, Henley and Oxfordshire. If needed we can also travel further afield to areas outside of London – just let us know where you’re based, and we’ll see if we can reach you. It’s never usually a problem.
How much does it cost?
Get a quote directly from Vicky. Each home move, size of property is differently so we will provide you a shopping list of services you can then pick from.
How long before moving day should we book you?
Depending on which services you are looking to book will depend on time scales. We advise to start decluttering as soon as you know you are moving so we can get ahead. Advise us of your timescales and deadlines (as much as you know) on the initial enquiry call.
Do I use my own packing materials?
Yes, often pre-ordered from your removals team. We can help suggest what you need at a minimum but the removals quote can provide you with more detail. We ask for a variety of different sized boxes, good quality packing tape and packing paper.
Do you pack artwork and fragile items?
No, other than small photo frames we do not pack your artwork. We also do not pack items such a precious ornaments and lamps etc.
We can pack kitchen items which aren’t valuable but prefer for the removals team to do that. We usually focus on other areas first. Please advise us of anything that you specifically don’t wish us to pack.
Do you dismantle and reassemble furniture?
No, we do not dismantle furniture or assemble it.
Do you provide last-minute packing?
It would depend on the availability of our team. Please give us as much advanced notice as possible for house moves.